Friday, March 21, 2008

March Madness: Round One.

I'm currently sitting at 23-9 in my first round NCAA brackets. Not bad, but not good enough to win me the McCain 2008 fleece. The leaders are currently sitting at 29-3. I'm tied with Senator McCain with 23. The South region was kind to me with no upsets so I went 8-0. I was 6-2 in the east because I tried to get cute picking George Mason and Southern Alabama. The Midwest was also 6-2 because Gonzaga and Vanderbilt went down. I can make up ground in this region if 'Nova and Kansas State make the Sweet 16. (The points for each correct pick go up exponentially each round) The West really killed me though. I only got the top 3 seeds right going 3-5 in this region. I had Arizona moving on, because I forgot about the crap with their coach (one of my rules is to avoid teams that have weirdness going on with the coaching situation, despite historic exceptions like Michigan '89). The others could have happened to anybody (c'mon San Diego, Western Kentucky?) In order to make up any ground in this region, I need Xavier to knock off Duke in the Sweet 16. Oklahoma knocking off Louisville and Marquette taking down Stanford in the second round might help get me back up into McCain-swag territory too.

1 comment:

Friar Tuck said...

You are doing better than me.