Thursday, March 5, 2009

Finally Joined the 21st Century.

So, I have finally broken down and gotten a cell phone. I have been without one almost uninterruptedly since right before Nick got married, a little over 8 years ago. As I recall, that one was shut off because I didn't pay the bill. Anyways, now I will be able to:

-Talk loudly about personal matters while standing in line in front of you at the store
-Leave it on so it can ring loudly in church.
-Send text messages while sitting in front of you at the movie theater, ensuring that my brightly lit screen annoys you for the duration of the film. (Yeah, I got the text messaging package too.)
-Send people gross images of whatever I happen to have seen on the sidewalk.
-Leave my phone on in my locker at work so whoever is trying to take their break can listen to my loud punk rock ringtone for several minutes if anyone tries to call me.
-Crash into your car because I'm distracted by talking and don't realize everyone in front of me has stopped.

And when football season rolls around I will probably add the mobile web service so I can follow college football even when I'm working (provided they have a college football season this year, since there WAS NOT ONE last year.)
Anyways, my new number is (719) 964-3813.

1 comment:

Friar Tuck said...

good deal. prepare for text messaging.