Saturday, March 21, 2009

Round 2

Okay, so I was 25-7 in my first round picks thanks to some late-night heroics from Wisconsin and Siena. I should have known better on Illinois. So here are my Round 2 picks. A little different format here than I used for Round 1.

Midwest

(1) Louisville VS (9) Siena
(12) Arizona VS (13) Cleveland State. Ignore my rule about schools with "State" in the name.
(3) Kansas VS (11) Dayton. Kansas has been known to make early exits, but I don't see it quite yet.
(2) MSU VS (10) USC. The Trojans are remembered fondly but people forget that, like Rocky, they lost their epic war.

East

(1) Pitt VS (8) Oklahoma State.
(4) Xavier VS (12) Wisconsin.
(3) Villanova VS (6) UCLA. Not really sold on the Pac 10 this round.
(2) Duke VS (7) Texas. Duke wins a close one before falling to 'Nova.

West

(1) UConn VS (9) Texas A&M.
(4) Washington VS (5) Purdue. Not sold on the Boilers either. This sets up Huskies vs. Huskies.
(3) Missouri VS (6) Marquette. Marquette very nearly made me look bad, so their uppance comes.
(2) Memphis VS (10) Maryland. Memphis was my pick to win it all last year, had they done so I could have won a McCain 08 fleece. They roll on.

South

(1) UNC VS (8) LSU. I'm picking UNC to win it all. That's what my gut tells me.
(4) Gonzaga VS (12) Western Kentucky.
(3) Syracuse VS (6) ASU. I'd like to make more interesting picks, but I'm just not feeling it for the Cindarellas
(2) Oklahoma VS (10) Michigan. I'd like to see them do it. I just don't think they've got the inside game, and Griffin was not thrown to the ground hard enough for that to be a factor. Best judo throw I've seen in a basketball game in quite some time though.

1 comment:

Friar Tuck said...

I was 22-10.

I have Louisville and MSU in my brackets in the midwest.

I will pick Kansas and Arizona.

I already have the same four you have in the East for the final four.also good to note Nova is at home this round.

I also have had the same teams you had for the east.

in the west i had butler making a big run. otherwise i have what you have had from the start.