Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl Commercials.

This won't be an extensive list, just the highlights and (mainly) lowlights.

-The Morons From PETA weren't allowed to show their commercial. I was hoping to see it because I wanted to um....research the moonbat mind...yeah, that's the ticket. I'll have to check the notes of our own (soon to be Colorado resident) Bob W. who has been doing some research in the area of vegetarian-moonbat females.

-I'd like to thank godaddy.com for reminding us that we as a society have completely worn away our knuckles and now it is our wrists that drag the ground when we walk.

-The Bud-Light commercial where the guy was thrown from the window made me chuckle a little.

-The Doritos snow-globe commercial was my favorite. Admit it, you knew it would hit the boss but weren't expecting the crotch strike. That had me and Nick cracking up. The one later where the guy gets electrocuted was a close second. I'm a sucker for physical comedy I guess.

-Hey Pepsi, we know what's going on with your new logo. As you can probably tell from my picture on this page I am not Hoping for Change. I can't be the only one to make this connection.

-None of the Clydesdale commercials did anything for me. I can't remember the last time I drank a Budweiser either.

-Hey So "G" is gatorade. I've been seeing those commercials for months. I've never wanted to buy a bottle of Powerade so bad in my entire life.

-The NBC commercials just made me realize how weak their lineup is. I think losing Scrubs was addition by subtraction as that is the worst program currently airing on television, gratingly unfunny and cheesy to boot.

-At first I thought I was having a seizure during the 3-D commercial. Then I thought "I hope people didn't have to pay for those 3-D goggles". Until I saw the blonde from Chuck crawling toward the screen. Then I thought "Man, I wish I'd bought some of those 3-D goggles".

-Hey, you knew what I was when you picked me up.

-What the Hell is the deal with truck commercials? Not just tonight. Every pickup truck commercial has flaming ramps, or truck bodies swinging from chains, or something equally stupid. And then we sit around asking ourselves why the Big 3 are about to go belly-up? (I realize the other manufacturers are just as bad, but when's the last time you saw a commercial for a truck that made you feel like it had given you a reason to buy it?)

-The Coke Zero commercial with Troy P. turned out to be better than I thought at first. It's hard for him to pull off the Mean Joe vibe with his Michael Jackson-voice. But it did turn out kind of funny. Coke and Doritoes did pretty well tonight.

-Today was one of those days where I wanted to punch a small animal. I could have done without the skimpy-underwear-guy though.

-Taco Bell- You call a woman two days after getting her number. No more. No less. Any quicker and she thinks you're desperate (which I am, but she doesn't need to know that), any more and she's pissed that you made her wait 3 days.

-I was too into the game to take notes on the later commercials.

-Wow, a MacGuyver (MacGruber) commercial in 2009! How timely! How hip! This commercial reminded me what my favorite show was in elementary school and how bad SNL has gotten at the same time.

-Anyways, those are the only ones I felt the need to comment on. Overall, it was a very good Super Bowl.

-James Brown is dead. I thought so, but couldn't remember when I heard Michaels mention him. I had to look it up on wikipedia.

3 comments:

Friar Tuck said...

I still say it is interesting that there were NO AMERICAN VEHICLE commercials at all.

Nick Northrop said...

Loved the Nut shot

Gipper said...

Well let me first say, that the PETA commerical made me laugh and want to pound one out at the same time however what it really made me want to do was... EAT A STEAK!
As for the moonbat notes Ill make you some copies lol.
Most of the commericals were lame your right but that game was surprisingly good. Guess 2008 ( as it was the 08 season) was a bad year all around for any one or thing from Arizona.
The pepsi thing is super super obnoxious, If i were coke I would remind people of that logo if Obama's approval rating ever goes in the toliet.
The Bosses preformance was surprisingly disappointing and I agree I hate when they pander and change the words. "DAMN IT BOSS It was the only song I wanted to hear and it better sound just like it did on that album or else"
I am looking forward to the colorado move.