Thursday, October 30, 2008

Upcoming Posts.

Over the next week or so I plan to start getting back to blogging on a regular basis. Here are a few things I'm thinking about blogging about.

-I am taking a paid holiday from work next Wednesday and will post my post-mortem on the election. This will most likely be several posts to include: my analysis of the numbers and what they mean, the key turning points of the campaign, and most likely separate posts about how Obama won and how McCain lost.

-After the election is over, and I'm no longer fixated on the horse-race aspect, I'll probably find myself moving a little closer to the center. The campaign season (I think do to the competition factor) seems to push people a little further to the poles, and I have been no exception.

- I am going to continue to pretend that they are not having a college football season this year.

-I'm working on a post about the difference between fairness and equality, how the two are not the same and in certain instances can be antithetical to each other.

-I'm planning to post pics of my new AK-47. If Obama follows through with his plan to bring back the "assault weapons" ban, I hope to sell it at some point in the future for a tidy profit.

-I'm looking for some kind of widget that will show a tally of how much money I've saved, how much I've prolonged my life, etc. since I quit smoking 2 weeks ago.

-I intend to write about my political journey over the past year or two, how I went from far right to center to inching leftward to moving back to somewhere a little right of center.

-I'm going to try to right about things that aren't overtly political, but that piss me off about our "post-adulthood" society in general.

-If McCain wins I will be insufferable and you should consider yourself lucky you don't have to be around me. If Obama wins, I will take credit for predicting it in the very first post I wrote on this blog in either late December or early January.

2 comments:

Friar Tuck said...

Congrats on quitting smoking.

All your blogging future sounds very exciting.

I am going to be up that way thursday. are you going to be busy mid to late afternoon.

Nick Northrop said...

Can't Wait